Tuesday, August 4, 2009

bento!

Often I find myself wishing Liam would hurry up and learn to do things: sit up, crawl, feed himself, walk. But then I stop and realize that all too soon he will be "big" and I will miss the days when he relied on me for everything.

Today I stumbled across this blog that made me wish I could send Liam to kindergarten, if only so I can pack these really cool lunches.

Bento. What the heck is that? In Japanese it means meal in a box. The concept is great- send your kids to school with a healthy, creatively packed lunch. With major emphasis on creative.

These are not your mom's brown bag lunches:



And then there are the over-achiever-bento-makers:

Halloween Bento

Starbucks Bento

Eiffel Tower Bento


Wow, I'm happy to have four more years to practice my bento making skills!

0 comments: