Monday, March 8, 2010

scoops and kicks and monkey cheeks

Liam's Backfloat Baby 2 swim class ends on Thursday. Next week he will move up to Backfloat Baby 3.

He has come a long way since the first session in September (ironically called Backfloat Baby 1).

During the first few weeks, he clung to me and cried the entire time he was in the water. Except when he was forced underwater. Then he actually laughed. We can't figure out if it was because he was so surprised or if he actually liked being dunked. Poor child. Hopefully he does not have some strange aversion to going underwater when he gets older.

Now when we get to the pool, we have to restrain him from jumping in until his class starts. He cannot wait to get into the water. "I swimming, I swimming." He loves it!

He is learning to doggie paddle (scoops and kicks) and hold his breath in the water (monkey cheeks). He practices in the tub, which usually means I am soaked by the end of his bath. I've learned to cover myself with a towel.

Here are a few pics from last week's class (I know, my camera is awful but I'm working on it!!):







0 comments: