Tuesday, April 22, 2008

18 days

We're getting close. Holy crap, in a few weeks, we are going to have a BABY living in our house. It is hard to imagine what our lives will be like other than the obvious- sleep deprived. We are working hard to get the house cleaned, organized, and baby ready (this is what would be referred to as nesting). Phil is a little annoyed with my newfound energy because it means we are spending our weekends doing work, rather than playing golf but I do think he felt some sense of accomplishment after the weekend.

Throughout this pregnancy I really haven't had too many issues with strangers touching my belly or giving me unwanted advice...until yesterday! I am on the bus, minding my own business after a long day at work. A lady sitting next to me comments on how pretty my wedding ring is- cool thanks lady, now stop talking to me. But NO, she continues to ask questions- about my ring and then about the baby. So I politely answer these invasive questions. After some rather harmless chit chat, she asks if I will be breastfeeding. Kind of a personal question, but I (again) politely answer and try to ignore her. BUT SHE KEEPS TALKING! This time it is about vaccinations and how they do more harm than good. I should in no case allow my baby to have them, because in Minnesota you can say no and they still have to let your kid go to school. Vaccinations are bad, they cause autism and all kinds of other issues and I should really look into homeopathic medicine. Whatever I did to deserve this, I am truly sorry. All I want to think about is what I need to pick up at the grocery store. She then asks me for a pen to write down the name of a book I must read about DPT. Thankfully my stop is coming up and I am able to escape her soapbox. I will never, ever again forget to bring my book with me to work:)

I promised a few pics, but I keep getting an error message. I'll try again this afternoon.

0 comments: