Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the waiting game

We're only 11 days from our due date and Dr. B. has promised that he won't let me go over more than a week. So 18 days max. Which is good. Because the few things that are making me uncomfortable are really getting to me. Mainly heartburn, tingly fingers and the bathroom breaks. Nothing major, but enough of an annoyance to make me feel like I am going crazy! Every day I wake up and wonder if today's the day.

It occured to me the other day that waiting for a baby to decide when to enter the world is like being a kid again, waiting for Santa Claus. The anticipation builds and builds and completely takes over your life. Of course I don't recall having any fears about Santa Claus. But with a new baby coming soon, there are lots of "unanswereds." For example, yesterday I stressed out about about what a newborn wears. Really haven't thought about labor and delivery pain (thank God for epi's!), whether the baby will be healthy (I am certain it is) or if the car seat is installed correctly (Phil had help from a certified professional). Nope, I really was worried about what I should dress my newborn baby in. Obviously the baby doesn't care so long as he/she is warm enough and comfortable. But these are the things that cross my mind everyday. Silly little things that I have no idea about right now and in a month probably won't really matter.

All of these questions will be answered once the baby is here. Phil and I will learn as we go and make lots of mistakes along the way. But that's half the fun of being parents, and I can hardly wait!!!!!

0 comments: