Monday, May 5, 2008

baby b, please come out and play!

Here we are 5 days from my due date, and I am still at work. We are as ready as we'll ever be: nursery is done, house is clean, baby's clothes are washed and put away, the freezer is full of food and my bags are packed. Now we just need the BABY! He/she is in my belly dancing up a storm, but no signs of labor so far. This is one stubborn baby. Not sure where that comes from? HA! Dr. B. says worst case I will be induced on May 16, so that is my drop dead date. Of course, we hope that we won't have to wait that long!

We had a fun weekend...figured we better get out while we can since we will be homebound for a while. The Markwald- Herrara's had their annual Cinco de Mayo party on Friday. The spicy salsa didn't help bring on labor. On Saturday Amy and Jason stopped over to pick up the bed from what is now the nursery. Thought maybe lifting a mattress would help, but I wasn't allowed to carry anyting. Phil's mom and dad came up to take us out for lunch. Saturday night we went out on a "date" to PF Changs and I had a major craving for a Chang Mai Tai...they looked sooooooo good! Spicy food still no help. Yesterday we thought about playing golf, but I realized that I would not make it through two holes without a porta-potty, so we went to Canterbury instead. It was so nice out, and not very crowded since the Kentucky Derby was the day before. It's a very kid-friendly place, so Baby B will probably know all about horse racing by the time he/she is 1. And that brings us to today- still at work, still can't think about anything else, still WAITING!

That's it for now...we'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

The Ekern family said...

Thinking about you and looking forward to hearing baby news!
Elias can't wait to meet his cousin!! Love, Angie, Chris and Elias