Monday, January 25, 2010

the day after

Not only is it Monday, but the Vikings season is over and done with. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I really thought this was our year. In fact, I even took a stab at guessing the final score (31-28), however my prediction favred (get it- ha ha) the Vikings. Good thing I'm not a gambler.

We went to a party at the Fairbairn's last night. Liam wore his lucky #4 jersey (hey, it was lucky up unti this point) and entertained everyone by cheering when he was supposed to- when the rest of the crowd did because that is what toddlers do. He showed off his football knowledge by giving the TD sign when appropriate. And he screamed "SKOL" when prompted.

Unfortunately, he didn't quite comprehend the results of last night's game. He woke up this morning happily screaming "football" and clapping his hands, perhaps hoping we would watch another football game today. Poor buddy. He has no idea what he's in for as a Vikings fan.

Today I will allow myself to wallow in my sorrows, and mourn the Superbowl that should have been. Tomorrow, I will remind myself that there is more to life than a football game.

But it will still hurt.

Now the question is, which QB jersey will he be wearing next year?

0 comments: