Thursday, September 4, 2008

september 4, 2007

September 4. It was one year ago today that I found out I was pregnant. At work. Not expected at all. It was also on this day that I went to visit my friends Jami and Robbie, and their new baby Cooper. I hadn't told Phil yet about the baby, and as I walked into that hospital I was thinking holy crap, what kind of mom am I going to be? I was used to selfishly living my own life, doing what I wanted, and spending my money as I pleased. With consideration of Phil, but he was pretty much the same. I had already passed THAT birthday, the one in which Down's Syndrome is more prevalent. And I never thought that I wanted to be the oldest mom with a kid in kindergarten.

Fast forward one year.

Cooper just turned 1


Liam and I were there to help celebrate.


Life is grand! Holy crap, yep we can do it are doing it. Being a parent is a big job, overwhelming if you think about all 18 years at once. Taking things day by day makes it a little less stressful. All of the diaper changes, sleepless nights, and fussy teething spells are totally worth it. Being a parent is the best thing ever, even when my sweet baby Liam turns into Mr. Crabby Pants:)

0 comments: