Thursday, February 25, 2010

i eat too

As I have mentioned in previous posts, our little man is becoming very independent. When he is hungry, he says to us "I eat too."

He is pretty good at using a fork and spoon but there is one thing that I haven't allowed him to tackle by himself...yogurt.

It's just too messy. And very sticky.

And I want my 21-month-old to look like the Gerber baby- he must have a clean face and fingers, clothes with no stains and hair that is nicely combed- at all times.

So last night he wanted to had a screaming fit until I gave him the spoon and let him eat his yogurt without my assistance.

Pure joy on this child's face...

Trying not to spill...

Mission accomplished...

Well that wasn't so bad. There were a few dollops on his tray and a few dribbles on his face. Nothing that a wipe couldn't take care of.

As far as nicely combed hair and clean clothes are concerned, I had to let that go a looooooooooooong time ago.

2 comments:

Paul & Kendra said...

I SO enjoy your blog! And as for Mr. Liam...He is that perfectly adorable Gerber baby....a dirty shirt or uncombed hair wouldn't change that! I just love him!

Meredith said...

I love that shirt! Almost bought it for Emme!