Monday, February 22, 2010

monday musings- february 22 edition

Mondays are not Fundays in the Berndt household. It seems like lately we've started out the week with one costly expense after another.

Last night, the washer broke down. While I was washing our comforter. Wouldn't have been a big deal, except the comforter was soaking wet, full of soap and really heavy. Phil had to take it to the laundromat to wash it.

The washer can be fixed, however spending $250 to repair an old washer seems like a waste, so we are going to purchase a new one. While I would love a fancy schmancy front load, we are going to settle for a top load for under $500 that we can leave at the townhome when if we ever move.

Last week we had a $500 car repair and the week before it was Piccolo's surgery. We could have take a nice vacation for what we have spent in the last three weeks on unexpected expenses. Either that or I could have gone on one heck of a shopping spree. At any rate, no new clothes for me this month.

Considering we've had our share of lemons lately, I am wondering when we'll get the lemonade?? The lottery would be nice but I would settle for a win on Pioneer Woman or even tickets from a radio station.

***************

The Olympics have taken over our TV, as is probably true for most. We watched several hours of curling over the weekend. I never realized how much strategy is involved.

The skip (Debbie McCormick) on the US women's team made some costly mistakes in the match against Canada yesterday.

I am thinking about taking curling up as a sport. Perhaps I can replace Debbie in the 2014 Olympics?

But more importantly, I have to get me a pair of those sweet curling shoes.

***************

Liam has a new trick. He dumps milk from his sippy onto the coffee table (or the floor) and laps it up, just like his dogs.

This thoroughly disgusts me. We clean our floors regularly, but we have dogs and FEET touch the floor. Ick!

When we tell him to stop, he laughs and does it all over again.

He also likes to stick his fingers in places he shouldn't- up my nose, in my ears or mouth and down my shirt.

I wonder if girls do these kinds of things or if he is just trying to ready me for what life will be like when he discovers dirt, snakes and bugs...

1 comments:

Lesli said...

I just don't get curling!! Eric tried to explain it to me, but I don't get it. It looks like a giant shuffleboard game with brooms!!